Remember to login before viewing video for CPD.
Fit or Fat: Which is more important for health?
Tips about RSM Videos
- This video is free to view for RSM Members, please log in before watching. There is a fee of £5.00 for Non-Members.
- This video is linked to a CPD credit. Both RSM members and non-members must login before watching the video to be able to claim a CPD credit.
- Click on the Slides tab to view all slides. You can make any slide larger by clicking on it.
- Click on the Chapters tab to view different parts of the video.
Steven Blair argues that there is too much emphasis on the population being overweight, and not enough inquiry into people's physical activity. What is more important to take into account: being fit, or being fat? Blair highlights how important it is to consider how much exercise people do and not just what they eat.
This lecture was part of an event called "Exercise medicine" at The Royal Society of Medicine in London.
For more information on this lecture, click here
Date of lecture: 22nd June 2013
This video is available for iPad via Safari.
Email a FriendOpen Email a Friend form
Total CPD Points: 0Export CPD results
RSM Videos CPD Module
Non-Member Video CPD Registration
Please fill in the form below and then press Submit.
This Video is linked to an RSM CPD learning module - which allows you to gain an RSM CPD credit.
The module includes:
- Reflective Notes
- Evaluation Form
- Printable Accreditation Certificate
It may also include a questionnaire. It should take between 30 minutes and one hour to complete the module.
You will be able to store CPD notes and certificates in your own confidential 'My CPD' area.
Unless you have taken out an annual RSM Video subscription, there is a fee to undertake each module - currently £12 for RSM Members, and £25 for non-members.
Learning Outcomes for this Video
Aims of the lecture:
The lecture will focus on the importance of physical activity for weight management and on the importance of physical activity for all individuals, including those overweight or obese.
At the end of the elearning module learners will:
1. Be able to describe the role of regular physical activity in the prevention of overweight and obesity.
2. Be able to discuss the independent role of physical activity in maintaining health and reducing disease risks in overweight or obese individuals.
3. Be able to discuss how to promote physical activity for all.
How to get Started
Please login here (your username is your surname, and your password is your Membership number).
Non RSM Members
To find out more about becoming a member of the RSM, please click here.
RSM Videos CPD Module
To begin the CPD module, you need to pay a fee - £12 for RSM members, and £25 for non-members. Once your payment has been confirmed, you will automatically be taken to step 1 of the module.
To pay the fee, please click the 'Start CPD' button below.
To begin or continue the RSM CPD module, now please view the video.
The 'Accumulated CPD Minutes' Graph (below) will indicate how much of this video you have viewed for your CPD.
Accumulated CPD Minutes
Please print this certificate as proof of your RSM CPD accreditation.
You have now finished this module. We hope you have found it interesting and useful.
RSM accreditated CPD Module Certificate
This module involved the online viewing of an RSM Lecture and the completion of a questionnaire and/or reflective notes
The RSM Lecture was: Fit or Fat: Which is more important for health?
This module has been allocated 1 RSM CPD credit